First Day of School Enrollment Deadline

If you would like your child to attend the first day of school, please be aware that this Thursday, August 31st, will be the last day to submit enrollment application. Enrollment occurring after this date will result in your child starting after the school year begins.

Registration and Enrollment

  • This is for any new students to Onalaska or students that have withdrawn and are returning.

  • Children must be five years old on or before August 31st to enter kindergarten. - Kinder Readiness Information

  • You will need to show proof that your child has been immunized.

  • Your child's legal name (the name that appears on the birth certificate) will be used on all official school records.

  • Provide Proof of Residency.

Required Documentation

  • Legal document verifying age (i.e. immunization records, birth certificate, passport)

  • Proof of Residency (a utility bill, cable bill, lease agreement, etc.)

  • Current Immunization Records

New Student Online Enrollment

The Onalaska School District processes new student enrollments online using the Skyward Family Access system. If you need assistance, please send an email to Registration Questions.

Use the button below if you are new to the Onalaska School District #300 and wish to register your student:


Use this link if you already have a skyward account, but need to enroll a new student.

Make sure that the Login Area is set to: Enrollment Access.

Helpful Information

Student Transfers

A student's school and resident school district is based on where the student resides. In some circumstances, a family may ask to transfer their student to a school outside of their resident district. This is called a nonresident student transfer. You may also hear it referred to as an out-of-district transfer, inter-district transfer, choice transfer, variance, waiver, or school choice.

Duration of the Non-Resident Transfer

The District shall approve a requested transfer of a nonresident student to attend a school in the District for a period not to exceed one (1) year. The intent is for the student to continue at the school, but a request for renewal needs to take place each year. If it is the first time your student is doing a Choice Transfer, a paper form is required. For students who Choice every year please use the online request portal below.

Online Choice Transfer Request Portal
OSPI Student Transfers FAQ's

NEW Choice Transfers Paper Form